- Roy M, Corkum JP, Novak CB, Urbach DR, McCabe SJ, von Schroeder HP, Okrainec K: Health Literacy Among Surgical Patients: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. World Journal of Surgery. 2019; 43(1):96-106. doi: 10.1007/s00268-018-4754-z
- Roy M, Okrainec K, Novak CB, von Schroeder HP, Urbach DR, McCabe SJ: Universal Measures of Support Are Needed: A Cross-Sectional Study of Health Literacy in Patients with Dupuytren's Disease. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 2019 Feb; 143(2): 350e-358e. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0000000000005209
- Maqbool T, Novak CB, Jackson T, Baltzer H. 30-Day Outcomes Following Surgical Decompression of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. HAND. 2019; 14(1):107-113. DOI: 10.1177/1558944718798834
- Novak CB, Li Y, von Schroeder HP, Anastakis DJ, McCabe SJ: Effect of Forearm Warming Compared to Hand Warming for Cold Intolerance Following Upper Extremity Trauma. Journal of Hand Surgery Am. 2018 Nov 9. pii: S0363-5023(17)31936-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jhsa.2018.09.014
- Novak CB, Mak L, Chang M: Evaluation of Written and Video Education Tools Following Mallet Finger Injury. Journal of Hand Therapy. In press, Jul 2018. doi: 10.1016/j.jht.2018.03.005
Christine Novak, PT, PhD, is an Associate Professor with the Department of Surgery (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery) and Physical Therapy. Her research focus is in the area of clinical outcomes and assessment of patients with musculoskeletal disorders, particularly nerve injury, nerve compression, cold sensitivity and factors related to upper extremity disability. Dr. Novak is a member of numerous professional organizations including the American Association for Hand Surgery, American Society for Surgery of the Hand, American Society for Peripheral Nerve and Canadian Physiotherapy Association. She has served on the Board of Directors of the American Association for Hand Surgery and the American Society of Peripheral Nerve and the Executive Committee of the University of Toronto Centre for the Study of Pain. She is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Hand Surgery and HAND and an invited reviewer for numerous high impact journals.