- Saumur TM, Perry SD. Using Motor Imagery Training to Increase Quadriceps Strength: A Pilot Study. Eur Neurol. 2018;80(1-2):87-92. doi: 10.1159/000494091. Epub 2018 Oct 19.
- Strzalkowski ND, Lowrey CR, Perry SD, Williams DR, Wood SJ, Bent LR. Selective weighting of cutaneous receptor feedback and associated balance impairments following short duration space flight. Neurosci Lett. 2015 Apr 10;592:94-8. doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2015.02.046. Epub 2015 Feb 21.
- Antonio P, Perry SD. (2014) Quantifying stair gait stability in young and older adults, with modifications to insole hardness. Gait and Posture; 40(3):429-34.
- Chisholm AE, Makepeace S, Inness EL, Perry SD; McIlroy WE; Mansfield A. (2014) Spatial-temporal gait variability post-stroke: variations in measurement and implications of measuring change. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Arch Phys Med Rehabil; 95(7):1335-41.
- Novak AC, Mayich DJ, Perry SD, Daniels T, Brodsky JW. (2014) Gait analysis for foot and ankle surgeons. Part 2: Approaches to multi-segment modeling of the foot. Foot Ankle Int; 35(2):178-91.
The primary goal of my research is to gain a better understanding of the control of human movement. I am interested in the control of whole-body mechanics via sensory information from the environment (visual, proprioceptive, mechanoreceptive and vestibular). Additionally, I am interested in the effects of injury- or age-related damage/deformity and footwear/orthotic therapies upon the role of the foot in postural control, gait and sports. I hope to translate the outcomes of this research into interventions for reducing falls in the older adult and improving footwear/orthotics for everyday activities and sport.