- Beauchamp MK, O’Hoski S, Goldstein RS, Brooks D. The effect of pulmonary rehabilitation on balance in individuals with COPD. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2010;91(9):1460-5.
- Janaudis-Ferreira T, Hill K, Goldstein R, Robles-Ribeiro P, Beauchamp M, Dolmage T, Wadell K, Brooks D. Resistance arm training in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trial. Chest, 2011; 139(1):151-158.
- Evans R, Hill K, Dolmage T, Blouin M, O’Haski S, Brooks D, Goldstein R. Properties of self paced walking in chronic respiratory disease; a patient-goal orientated assessment. Chest. In press.
- Marzolini S, Oh PI, Brooks D. Effect of Combined Aerobic and Resistance Training versus Aerobic Training Alone in Individuals with Coronary Artery Disease: A Meta-analysis. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation. 2011: 1-14.
- Campbell L, Bunston R, Colangelo S, Kim D, Nargi J, Hill K, Brooks D. The provision of weekend physical therapy services in tertiary care hospitals inCanada. PhysiotherapyCanada. 2010: 62 (4).
Dr. Dina Brooks is a Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Rehabilitation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. She is also the recipient of several teaching and research awards and holds many grants. Her research experience has included varied models (e.g., anaesthetized animals, conscious animals and humans) and different research approaches. She is presently involved in research in two main patient populations: individuals with chronic lung disease and those with cardiovascular disease. In the area of chronic lung disease, she is involved in several clinical trials on the effectiveness of different components and modes of delivery of pulmonary rehabilitation. In cardiovascular rehabilitation, she is investigating the effectiveness of exercise training in individuals after stroke.