- Mansfield A, Aqui A, Danells CJ, Knorr S, Centen A, DePaul VG, Schinkel-Ivy A, Brooks D, Inness EL, Mochizuki G. Does perturbation-based balance training prevent falls among individuals with chronic stroke? A randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. 2018;8:e021510
- Sivakumaran S, Schinkel-Ivy A, Masani K, Mansfield A. Relationship between margin of stability and deviations in spatiotemporal gait features in healthy young adults. Human Movement Science. 2018;57:366-373
- Rozanski GM, Aqui A, Sivakumaran S, Mansfield A. Consumer wearable devices for activity monitoring among individuals after stroke: a prospective comparison. JMIR Cardio. 2018;2(1):e1
- Schinkel-Ivy A, Aqui A, Danells CJ, Mansfield A. Characterization of reactions to laterally diercted perturbations in people with chronic stroke. Physical Therapy. 2018;98(1):585-594
- Rajachandrakumar R, Mann J, Schinkel-Ivy A, Mansfield A. Exploring the relationship between stability and variability of the centre of mass and centre of pressure. Gait and Posture. 2018;63:254-259.
I conduct research to improve safe independent mobility for older adults and people with stroke. My research spans basic science (e.g., practice-based motor adaptation), to clinical trials aimed at increasing physical activity and preventing falls. Please view my website for more information about current research projects and trainee recruitment. I am based at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute (University Health Network) in downtown Toronto and are affiliated with Sunnybrook Research Institute and the University of Toronto.